It is important to keep up with a regular dental routine. Visiting your favorite dentists at Dr. Dental twice a year is a part of that routine! A healthy mouth is a happy mouth! Here are some tips to take your dental routine to the next level!
- Brushing 2x a day: Spend at least 3 minutes brushing your teeth in the morning and at night. It doesn’t hurt to keep a toothbrush and toothpaste (and floss if you’re ambitious) in your desk or purse and give teeth a nice brush down after lunch!
- Scrub your Tongue: A lot of bacteria and plaque can build up on your tongue and cause bad breath. Invest in a toothbrush that has a tongue scraper on the back.
- Floss Daily: We know, we know – flossing is no fun, but it is important to get between your teeth to prevent plaque buildup and cavities! It is especially important to floss after eating food like popcorn, seeded bread or roast beef! Once you start flossing regularly, you won’t stop!
- Rinse with Mouthwash: Mouthwash is the best way to freshen breath and fight plaque that you might not reach with brushing and flossing alone. Does the intensity of regular mouthwash make your eyes water? Try an alcohol free one like Listerine Zero.
- Water with Fluoride: Be sure that the water you are drinking contains fluoride. Fluoride helps to harden the enamel of your teeth and prevent cavities.
- Eating a Balanced Diet: Remember that some foods help to fight plaque naturally. Incorporate calcium rich foods into your everyday diet for extra healthy teeth!
- Replace your Toothbrush: You should be switching out your toothbrush every 3 months or when bristles begin to fray.
- Brighten your Smile: Mix baking soda and lemon juice to create a paste that can help to whiten teeth at home! Looking for more results? Ask us about our whitening options!
- Use ADA Approved Products: When
you are shopping around for new dental products, make sure they are ADA approved for the best results!
- Last but not least, stop into Dr. Dental twice a year! It is important to see your dentist every 6 months for a routine cleaning and check-up.